Thursday, January 26, 2012

Can a pink rose live long in very hot weather?

I absolutly love pink roses! And I live in Arizona. So I was wondering, can a pink rose live in hot weather for aa while?Can a pink rose live long in very hot weather?
I also love pink roses. The ones with the long slender buds and are a very delicate pink color. Are you talking cut roses? If so, cut the bottoms at a 45 degree angle, strip any leafs that might be submerged in water ,as if left on bacteria can grow and cause the decaying process to start. Do not put them in cold water, but luke warm. You can stop by a florist shop and pick up some preservative if you want to but Mom always put 1/2 of a baby aspirin in them. Myself, I use a tiny bit of 7-up. Everyday, cut a little bit off of the bottom so the juices can flow through the stems. Cut flowers seal any cuts normally so you want to keep the bottoms trimmed. Use fresh water every day also and warm, not cold. I kept a vase of cut roses fresh for almost two full weeks one time that way.Keep out of full sun or a very hot sunny window. Enjoy your flowers!

No comments:

Post a Comment