Monday, January 30, 2012

I'm moving to Arizona in a month, and am wondering how much cold weather clothing I will actually need?

I'm originally from California, moved to Texas a year ago, and away we go to Arizona to settle in. I know Arizona is hot. When things cool down in the winter, what do YOU wear? I'm packing and wondering if I'll actually need 17 pairs of pants? In CA and when it's been warm here in TX I wear dresses all the time, as well as shorts. When it gets cold here in TX sweaters and pants/jeans do the job. Will they still have a job in AZ? Truly, I need help before I load the moving truck with tubs of winter clothes never to see the light of day again. HELP??!!I'm moving to Arizona in a month, and am wondering how much cold weather clothing I will actually need?
it all depends on where, if Northern, then LOTS of winter clothing, i was just there a few weeks ago and it was in the 50's and 60's, and where i was stayin about an hour south in Phoenix it was a 110 degrees, so a good amount of winter clothes if your in north arizona or plan on going there allot, and in Tucson or Phoenix, LOTS of summer clothes, and a few light winter clothes, but be sure to bring a few heavy winter clothes incase you get tired of the heat and want to take a vacation an hour or 2 up north in north ArizonaI'm moving to Arizona in a month, and am wondering how much cold weather clothing I will actually need?
What you've been wearing in Texas and California will do just fine in Arizona. Although northern Arizona can experience pretty chilly weather for a brief time in mid-winter, it's not like you were moving to Minnesota. Just be aware that the winter winds north of old Route 66 can be pretty biting. I lived north of Winslow on the Hopi reservation for awhile, and loved it - didn't need tons of winter clothing, even on the mesa where Orabi is located.I'm moving to Arizona in a month, and am wondering how much cold weather clothing I will actually need?
I put on a sweater and I'm good too go. If you're chilly, your probably won't need more than long sleeves and a jacket to warm you up. It gets to be around 40 F at the lowest.
You didn't say where in AZ?



Different parts of AZ have completely different climates. Flagstaff is at 7,000 feet elevation and gets snow.



Phoenix is ~100 miles south and half a world away with regard to climate.



Assuming you mean the greater Phoenix area, in the winter the temps can drop into the 30's at night - but that is very rare. In January a light jacket, pants are enough for most people at night. During the day (winter) the temps will get into the 70s.



Once you become acclimated the winters will seem freezing. When I lived there my next door neighbor used to wear a down coat in the winter months. Me, coming from Colorado, I wore a heavy shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment