Monday, January 23, 2012

Is Arizona a great place to live far as the weather?

You get use to it. The summers out here don't bother me anymore. I just keep saying to myself it is only for a couple of months then it will be great again.Is Arizona a great place to live far as the weather?
Arizona: A great place to VISIT, but it is not a nice place to live. 115+ temps in the summer, dust storms, very poor air quality, pollution, high crime, traffic is horrible, most illegal immigrants in the US, highest rates of skin cancer and identity theft in the nation, Phoenix and Tuscon in the Top 10 cities for car thefts in the nation. All of this and it gets more crowded every day. People continue to flock here from the Midwest, California and Mexico. It won't be long until the economy fails. Hopefully I'll be out by then.
I've had to leave the Phoenix area three times due to a prob-

lem with heat stroke. I noticed that it starts getting very warm

from around Easter til the middle of October. When the mon-

soons hit, and they can come early too, the dampness from

those makes you feel clammy and uncomfortable. There's a

dampness inside and your walls even sweat if they are of

painted blocks/brick. My allergies hit an all time high, as something is always blooming, no matter what the month. And

the second year, the valley blossoms around Phoenix trees

were driving me up the wall with sneezing and misery. I think

I saw a doctor more often down there for sinus infections,

than any place I've ever lived.

The best time of the year to live in the valley of the sun is

from November til March. Then it's comfortable and you can

get by with just the windows open for air. During the summer

you sleep with the A/C on 24 hours, every day.

Flagstaff, and Prescott are two little towns that have small

town feel and ambiance.And the weather is more temperate.

It gets' really warm there too. But not brutal. Also southern

Arizona where they raise horses is nice. With cool nights and

a breeze, around Sierra Vista. That was a respite we took

whenever we wanted to cool off and see western haunts.

It all depends on how hot you can stand it. That's why alot of

the retired people, called, Snowbirds, come down just for the

cooler months and leave again to go home. They've got the

best of both worlds.Is Arizona a great place to live far as the weather?
Not if you live in Phoenix or other desert cities. I lived in Pinetop, in the White Mountains, so we had great weather. It got hot in the summer, but not nearly as much as in Phoenix(120 degrees). We got snow in the winter, and spring was just georgeous. So yes, depending on where you are, Arizona is a great place to live as far as weather.
Most of us think so, but summer heat in the desert areas can be brutal. Thank God for air conditioning.



That said, not all of Arizona is desert and much of the state averages 250-300 days of sunshine each year. Higher elevations are nicer in the summertime and can see snow in the winter.Is Arizona a great place to live far as the weather?
Right now it is, but check back with us in a couple of months......HOT HOT and HOT! in August you can be sweating while just standing outside, and that's at midnight.

In July and August we get the monsoon storms that bring in humidity, but it's tolerable and it's not humid every day. A lot of people love the heat. You even see a lot of motorcyclists and people with their convertible tops down in the middle of summer.......not me!
Well if U like being outside all the time and don't mind getting a sunburn now %26amp; then,I think that's 1 reason at least everybody has moved down here.
November through March- amazing weather-

April through May- hot but tolerable

June through- September relentless heat.. I have never gotten used to it.

October- warm but only one more month until its get to the 70's
I've lived here my whole life (almost 33 years)... I love it, I love it..... I love it. July and August suck because I have a black car (my fault) and I'm the only one that does yard work.
no. it gets so hot in summer, you burn your butt on your car seat and your hands on your steering wheel.
  • mbusa
  • utah weather
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment