Monday, January 30, 2012

Re SINUSITIS: Can you detect a weather change by a change in your symptoms?

My sinusitis seems to be exquisitely sensitive to weather changes. An increase in symptoms when the weather is going to get "bad" (decreased barometric pressure, fall in temp, clouds, rain or a decrease in symptoms when the weather "improves" (higher pressure, warmer temps and some humidity in the air, few or no clouds, sunny) This is similar to people with arthritis being able to tell when it is going to rain. I can usually sense this as far ahead as the night before for the following day's weather or in as short a time as less than one hour!!!! Needless to say, those who do not know about sinusitis think this is unbelievable and, therefore, I am kinda crazy. Has anyone dealt with this? ANY ADVICE APPRECIATED!

P.S. Thanks to ALL who answered my question last week about best climates for sinusitis. Hard to choose a best answer. I have lived in Arizona and found that to be the worst for my allergies/sinusitis due to the extreme dryness,high pollen %26amp; wind.Re SINUSITIS: Can you detect a weather change by a change in your symptoms?
The tissue in your nose and sinuses are very delicate and it is very common for people to have increase in nasal and sinus symptoms when the weather changes. I have found that the best medication for treating this condition is a nasal steroid spray, like Flonase or Nasonex. It is available only by prescription- there is no over the counter equivalent. With regular use, these medications help a lot. Good luck.
all i can say is -- get used to it! i had t horribly when i lived in michigan -- so severe that one DO told me the only thing to cure it was - move ; ) years later i did - to florida - jacksonville. well the first three years were glorious, the 4th okay and now in the 6th - yeah, it's back! for dry passages -- saline spray. tylenol sinus is good too but.... i try to stay away frm too many meds as my system build up immunities to them quickly. i just go with the flow. today is exceptionally horrible - we have an "ernesto" in the area so....

i just take it as a "gift" - i always know when to make sure the umbrella is in the car/breifcase and have the windows shut LOL



this sounds "icky" but the saline nasal washes are great too. just make sure you're alone when you do them ; )Re SINUSITIS: Can you detect a weather change by a change in your symptoms?
Ok, I've never heard of sinusitis, but when I was a kid, a sudden drop in the pressure (barometer) would make my nose gush blood. I'd say, "It's gonna rain now"(as I grabbed my nose and pinched it shut), and before they could disagree (and they intended to), rain would come pouring down. It was that fast. Anytime a sudden downpour came, my nose bled. Profusely.



So, it could be worse than being 'sensitive'. It could be... 'I HATE THIS!'
I suffered from horrible allergic rhinitis and sinus infections for years until an advice nurse at Kaiser Permanente suggested that I eliminate all chocolate from my diet. It seems that the acid or alkali can cause symptoms.

Since then, I have had one sinus infection and that was following a cold/bronchitis/upper respiratory thingy. Try it! Good luck and may God bless.Re SINUSITIS: Can you detect a weather change by a change in your symptoms?
Your sinuses, like everyone else's, are affected by changes in air pressure. For some people, this isn't a problem; for some of us, it is. My husband always gets severe sinus problems when the air pressure changes.
  • arizona weather
  • map of idaho
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment