Thursday, January 26, 2012

Should I move to Arizona or East Coast Texas (which is nicer weather)?

Texas. We have jobs.Should I move to Arizona or East Coast Texas (which is nicer weather)?
It depends on what you consider "nice" weather. Do you mind the occasional hurricane and torrential rains/flooding? Do you like humidity? That's east TX on the coast. It might be offset if you love ocean activities.



TX does have a slightly lower cost of living that AZ, but wages are lower as well. TX does NOT have a state income tax, while AZ does and everyone I know in AZ says their property taxes are higher. Insurance (especially flood) is much higher in TX.



If you are retired, AZ has many more retirees and activities for them. If you need to find a job, you'll find both are about the same in that work is very difficult to find. At this time, I don't recommend anyone move anywhere unless they have been hired by a company in the new area.



Arizona is dry and very hot compared to coastal TX. (away from Phoenix, which is being ruined by the flood of Californians and their lawns and swimming pools raising the humidity and Flagstaff, which is high mountain with lots of winter snow.) I'd take AZ personally as I love the desert. (explains why I live in Vegas!!)Should I move to Arizona or East Coast Texas (which is nicer weather)?
they both get hot in the summer unless you are near the ocean?

No comments:

Post a Comment