Monday, January 30, 2012

I have a bullmastiff and I am curious to know how they do in hot weather.?

I understand the mastiff breeds do not do well in extreme heat or cold weather. I noticed many of the breeders are in states where it snows. I wonder if a bullmastiff would be OK in dry heat. Specifically an area such as Modesto or Merced or even Arizona. The summers get quite hot (around 103-107 degrees). Would it not be wise to allow the dog to leave the air conditioned home? I would only be in the area for a couple days this summer but wondered if that would harm my dog. She is an adult bullmastiff. Thank you.I have a bullmastiff and I am curious to know how they do in hot weather.?
She should be fine. Water, plenty of shade, minimal exercise. Don't leave her in the car of course. Mine LOVE the AC. They'll sit right by the vents and sleep. I'd say, if you can leave her home and cool. If you happen to be by a beach that allows dogs, some love to cool off.I have a bullmastiff and I am curious to know how they do in hot weather.?
If its a bullmastiff or a chihuhua, heat isnt good for any dog. I live in northern california, and during the summer, we leave the air on for our yorkie and pitbull, and they are both inside dogs.I have a bullmastiff and I am curious to know how they do in hot weather.?
On the hot days, keep him in the shade and also rub cold water/ ice cubes on his chest. A Bull mastiff isn't known to have an high energy level, so your exercise will be minimal anyways.
I have to agree with sniffy. I have aNeapolitan Mastiff and pretty much the same rules apply. Plenty of water, shade, and minimal exercise. They tend to drool a lot also so I always keep a towel handy.

No comments:

Post a Comment