Thursday, January 26, 2012

What part of Arizona is a nice place to live?

I absoluty hate the cold weather. I live in the western part of NC and dread the cold weather every year. I love it when it gets in the 90's around here, where other people hate it. I could sleep in the heat without AC and it not bother me at all. All my friends tell me to go to Arizona. I've thought about it, but I would'nt want to live in a big city like Phoenix? Where is a smaller city that has about the same climate as Phoenix? What part of Arizona is a nice place to live?
Phoenix has a lot of smaller cities near it but not actually part of it, sort of on the edges. Just get a map and have a look and see what's around, and then do some research on the place to get an idea what's there. Ask more specific questions when you've got a couple places in mind to check out.



You should really visit the area for a few weeks in about July, though, before you decide to move. The heat is something ferocious in the summer, way over 90F. I grew up there, and it was really common to get summer days where it was 110F in the shade. I remember days where it was 120F. It's not humid, so that's a blessing at least, but it is really, really hot. Millions of people live happily there, so it's definitely something people get used to, but you should really check it out firsthand before you plan a permanent move.
Well, there are some very nice suburbs of Phoenix that don't have the big city feel but are close enough to get to things to do. Mesa, Glendale, Scottsdale are all pretty nice. Also you could consider Tucson or Prescott? They have similar weather but are different types of cities. Here is a city page to each, in case you need to find anything to call in either. good luck with your decision! What part of Arizona is a nice place to live?
Live in Scottsdale which is a 10 min drive to Phoenix
You need to check out Ahwatukee



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AhwatukeeWhat part of Arizona is a nice place to live?
We moved here from upstate NY. We also hate the cold weather, but the heat in Phoenix area is pretty brutal. I know, I love it around 90 also, but its a big step from 90 to 110 plus in summer. In the Prescott area where we live, its in the 90's all summer from May till October, then on its generally in the 50's and 60's during the day and 20's at night all winter. Oh summer at night its 60's and 70's, great sleeping weather. And if you do get the urge to visit snow country, its a little over an hour drive into higher elevations, or drive a little over an hour in winter to Phoenix area for the weekend to soak up 70 or 80 degree winter days. Email me if you'd like with any more questions.
  • lady gaga born this way album
  • barometer
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment