Sunday, February 12, 2012

Can you mix chickens and parakeets/love birds?

We have just finished building our chicken coop, and the outside run is huge and completely secure. I was wondering if I could put a few parakeets or lovebirds in with my chickens, obviously with their own nesting boxes, food source, perches, etc. Would they harass each other? Would they eat each others food and cause a problem? Does anyone know of this ever being done? By the way, I live in Arizona so the weather isn't a problem. Thanks.Can you mix chickens and parakeets/love birds?
nooCan you mix chickens and parakeets/love birds?
Exotic birds should not be kept close to chickens.

I wouldn't advise doing this.Can you mix chickens and parakeets/love birds?
I wouldn't want my birds with the chickens. I'm sure chickens carry more deasies

No comments:

Post a Comment