Wednesday, February 15, 2012

To you pilots out there: How did you finance your flight training?

I am 21 years old and I want to begin flying, but I have no $ to even get started. I want to attend a school in either Arizona or Florida (ideal flying weather). What advice would you give me on getting started?To you pilots out there: How did you finance your flight training?
In a much younger existance I used to work the parts department in an aircraft repair facility and I traded some of my hours for flight instruction.



I am also a wanna be mechanic and quite adept with tools. I got as far with my flight training as I did by helping rebuild aircraft and assist people with building their home built aircraft and their car repairs.



And since nothing I worked on has crashed I was able to trade my labour for flight time. I never did complete my training to the point of obtaining a license but I do fly occasionally with friends who trust me sufficiently to handle the controls.To you pilots out there: How did you finance your flight training?
I started with no money and no savings and couldn't qualify for the military, so I earned it by working multiple jobs and spending as little money as possible. Among other measures, I lived in my $400 car for over two years so I could put the rent and utilities money toward flying instead. Where there's a will there's a way if you want something badly enough.To you pilots out there: How did you finance your flight training?
I financed my flight training by working in high school, studying and earning a Navy ROTC scholarship. Made a good GPA in college and was accepted into the Navy flight school. The Navy paid for my training, paid me and provided me an income.
I found a flight instructor and got my license while going to aircraft mechanic school. I paid for it by also working when going to school. If you can't pay for it now, how are you going to pay off the loan.
  • magellan roadmate
  • college books
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment