Saturday, February 18, 2012

Is Relocating from Honolulu, Hawaii to Phoenix, Arizona a good choice?

Hi,

I have lived in Honolulu, Hawaii for over 10 years now and am thinking of relocating to Phoenix, ARizona because I have read on the internet that there are many affordable rentals there with prices half of that in Honolulu. I wonder if the people who are living in Phoenix, Arizona can tell me if that's true and what do you think of someone relocating from Hawaii to Arizona?? Do you think I would like it there and is it going to be a very big change for me?? The weather here in Hawaii is pretty much the same all year round like around the 80's F... I don't know if I will like or can stand the summer heat in Arizona. But, I have experienced the heat in Austin, Texas, and found that to be kind of unbearable as I don't even want to be outside but I felt better when I was inside a car with air-conditioner.. So, is it hotter in Phoenix, Arizona THAN Austin, Texas, and do you think I would be able to stand the heat in Arizona?? Also, are there many office/clerical jobs??Is Relocating from Honolulu, Hawaii to Phoenix, Arizona a good choice?
that's so funny- you are talking abotu the same cities I'm looking to move to. Never been to Austin, but that's a humid hot and I hear no one goes outside in teh summer there. Phoenix is hot, but it's a dry heat. LOTS and LOTS Of jobs. Don't expect to be able to buy a house though- expensive there! Why do you want to leave hawaii? I wanted to move there, but was afraid of island isolation and boredom. I like the amenities of big cities. Anyway, you can get a nice place in Phx by yourself for about $800 in nice areas (or spend as much as you want to - like anywhere). But around Tempe you can get a house with roomies too. My friend shares a 3 br rental house (his portion $300/month). Don't worry about jobs, just don't expect to land one before you relocate. Good luck!
ur nuts. Moving to Phx Arizona.. Ive lived 2 hrs away from there.. all my life.. and its hot miserable. muggy, polluted, Overcrowded, ... Jobs are ok.. Lots of them.. You want somwhere nice to move in az? go to FLAGGSTAFF. its not hot.

JUST STAY IN PARADISE!

Report Abuse

Is Relocating from Honolulu, Hawaii to Phoenix, Arizona a good choice?
AZ is wonderful! We have wonderful weather! Lots of stuff to do! Lots of jobs! Tons of shopping!



The weather is much drier than HI, no water nearby which can be a negative. Also, the winter in HI was warmer than here in Phoenix. We were in Maui in Feb/Mar
i live in phx...and went to austin for training...austin's weather is different than phx...austin is more humid and it doesnt get as hot as phx. as for affordable housing, i'm not sure what it costs it hawaii..only visited, never lived. to rent a home in phx, its around 1000 a month. apartments maybe in the 500 - 700 range depending on area and amenities.Is Relocating from Honolulu, Hawaii to Phoenix, Arizona a good choice?
I would stay, the property value in Hawaii is going to go up. In phoenix, however it is leveling off. True there are a lot of jobs, but housing isn't cheap.
Well, they're both about the same climate wise. HOT. Anything above 70 to me is hot. Check out Monster. You might be able to find jobs for Phoenix, AZ there.
I've lived in Arizona all my life. I love it. it's beautiful here. Come on over!

No comments:

Post a Comment