Saturday, February 18, 2012

How do you get rid of or deal with scorpions in your home?

I live in Mesa, Arizona. I have been here about a year now, we moved from Colorado. Never in my life have I had to deal with scorpions until we moved here. Last summer I found one in my bathroom. Two months ago I found another one and now today I found one in my living room, it crawled out of the mop head as I was getting ready to mop. I am extremely clean, I vacume everyday, and mop at least once a week. I am petrified of scorpions. Not to mention I have a 13 month old who crawls all over the place, I'm worried that he might get stung. I seem to see them in my house as the weather gets hotter. I called my husband and told him I want to move out of Arizona because it has gotten me so scared. How do you get rid of scorpions? And how does everyone else out here live with them and not have a problem...please help?How do you get rid of or deal with scorpions in your home?
Sticky traps and a professional bug guy. Also, make sure the area around your house does not have good home sites for the scorps. They like to live under dead leaves, wood, etc.... Clean well two or three feet back from the house. If your house is brick, fill the weep holes (unmortared places between bricks a the bottom of the wall) with steel wool.



I sympathize with you, scorpions give everyone the heebee geebees. I've been in my country house for 18 years. I saw maybe three in the house in first 13 years and probably 50 in the last 5 years. The methods described above will help control the scorps but not get rid of them completely.



Identify the scorpion species. The ones I get (North of Dallas) are not particularly dangerous. You want to know this if you or your little one get stung. The wife and I have both been stung in the house, not fun, very much like a wasp sting.



Good LuckHow do you get rid of or deal with scorpions in your home?
Learn this quick, they travel in pairs, so if you find one you will soon find another. Arizona native. My sister has rock skirting and she uses a blacklight to find them in the rocks, then she puts them in straight bleach. It kills them. This is the only thing that we know of that truely works. You can spray around your home as well but honestly we've tried that and it never worked. You just have to be on guard.

No comments:

Post a Comment