Saturday, February 18, 2012

Does anybody live in Arizona or Denver, Colorado wats it like?

Me and my honey are thinking of packing up and moving at the beginning of the year, we kinda like these spots , can you tell me anything, Whats the weather like year round? how are the people? Are interracial couples accepted? Anything!!!please:)Does anybody live in Arizona or Denver, Colorado wats it like?
I'm currently studying in Denver, moved there from Manchester, United Kingdom.



The State itself is beautiful with the mountains and there is so much to do here all year round, from: hiking, mounting biking, horseback riding, rock climbing, caving, rafting, canoing, fishing, hunting, golfing and there are plenty of ski resorts such as Aspen, Winterpark, Loveland and Breckenridge.



If you love the outdoors you will love Colorado.



Not only that but you have the hot springs, national parks, amusements parks, zoos and museums. There are also plenty of historical and heritage sights to visit.



Just think of coming home from work or school and within 30-45 minutes you could be in the Mountains.



The weather is also really great, here you get all four-seasons, warm summers and although it can become quite cold during the winter months, this is usually very mild. Another plus point is that there is practically no humidity, which is a bonus when you are out and about enjoying all of those outdoor activities.



The public transport system in the Denver-Aurora and Boulder Metropolitan area is more than adequate compared to those of a lot States, with plenty of buses and 6 light rail lines, which are a God-send if you don't drive.



The people, from my own personal experience I have found to be very welcoming, polite and friendly all round. One example of this is in my local bar, never have I found a place where British, American, Irish, Russian and Australians of all colors, gender and race have sat down together and had a great times. We now meet up a few times a week for drinks and live very close together downtown.



Interracial couples are accepted, there will only be the narrowed minded ones who will look down on this, but you get those kind of people wherever you go, but they are the vast minority.



Colorado as actually one of the highest proportions of Hispanic residents of any U.S. state, Denver and some other areas have significant Mexican populations, while southern Colorado has a large number of Hispanos.



I have also visited Arizona on a few occasions, namely Phoenix, Chandler, Tempe and Paradise Valley and while they are great places in their own right, I just didn't get the same feeling I got when I came to Colorado. The weather didn't appeal me, temperatures are often in the high 90's and during the summer months you are lucky if it comes below 100. It is also very dry. I also don't like that Arizona is a very vehicle-driven state, public transport is rather poor and nothing is in walking distance, although a light rail system is being built for late next year.



Saying all that, I still like Arizona and I do still visit but I would never move there, I prefer Colorado by a country mile!

No comments:

Post a Comment