Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Is it legal to throw out an apple or other disposable food onto the street?

I was eating an apple the other day in my moms car and I asked her if I could throw the rest of my apple out of the window of the car because I figured that since it is disposable that birds or animals of some sort would eat it and if not it would decompose quickly in the hot weather we have here in Arizona. But she told me that it was considered littering no matter what it is. Is my mom correct?Is it legal to throw out an apple or other disposable food onto the street?
Yes, your mother was correct. Apples are biodegradable, but they're still food waste that takes time to decompose, especially on pavement. It's best to keep a bag in the car to hold trash, and dispose of it properly when you get home. I've never been to AZ, but I suspect there are fines for littering the roadways, just as there are in most states. So throwing that apple core out a car window could result in a hefty ticket.
Contrary to popular belief, it is still littering, and, therefore, illegal. Your mom was correct.Is it legal to throw out an apple or other disposable food onto the street?
Biodegradable, not disposable.
Your mom is correct. Biodegradable litter, is still litter.Is it legal to throw out an apple or other disposable food onto the street?
Mom is right.
Yes She Is!

Specifically throwing it out of the window is littering. If you were eating your apple in an area where there were birds or animals nearby, that would be an excuse.
I GUESS SHE IS RIGHT........BUT I FEED THE DUCKS DOWN THE STREET WITH MY LEFT OVER BREAD, CAT FOOD.....YOU NAME IT...........



I DONT SEE HOW AN APPLE CORE CAN HELP.......JUST DO IT IN A PARKING LOT WHERE THE COPS HAVE NO AUTHORITY THERE AND THE BIRDS CAN EAT IT........



I HOPE PEOPLE CAN LEAVE FOOD FOR THE BIRDS MORE ................ESPECIALLY DURING THE WINTER MONTHS.......



BEST WISHES.........

No comments:

Post a Comment