Saturday, February 18, 2012

How safe is it to leave a pet in a sweater unsupervised?

I made a sweater for my cat, using a boughten one for a pattern. I have been worried about him feeling chilly lately, that's why I did that. He's been crawling under the covers with me. He's Siamese, and spent the first 7 years of his life in Arizona. Now that we have moved to Minnesota and he is a bit older, he seems to really feel the cool, damp weather. He's happily curled up in a ball, sleeping. Should I wake him up and take the sweater off him, because I may be paranoid, but something could happen with it on? Or am I worried for nothing, and pets who need sweaters do just fine without being watched all the time?How safe is it to leave a pet in a sweater unsupervised?
As long as the cat is not outside in the very cold weather you should leave the sweather off when you are not there to supervise. I have small dogs and would never leave a sweater on them when I was not home. It could be caught on something and they could choke to death. Better to be safe. Just keep his pillow/blanket close to warmth.How safe is it to leave a pet in a sweater unsupervised?
If it fits him right, it should be okay. If it seems to get caught on things or there's a way he can choke in it, take it off of him!How safe is it to leave a pet in a sweater unsupervised?
as long as the sweater fits correctly, your pet should be just fine w/o supervision...however, if your cat is not in room temperature(out in the heat) I would suggest taking it off because all regular household pets can dehydrate and get heat exhaustion or ending up having a "heart attack" just like human beings...

No comments:

Post a Comment