Thursday, February 2, 2012

I would like to move to Arizona, good idea?

I work from home and my wife is in a medical professional that can find a job anywhere, we live in Philly and are just sick of the cold weather, is Arizona a good place? how about schools and colleges for the kids, are there many just like Philadelphia?I would like to move to Arizona, good idea?
Depends where in AZ. I've lived in Southern Arizona near the Mexico border and in Phoenix metro area. It is a very different way of life compared to the east coast. Very laid back and casual. Get used to seeing new construction and franchises.Lots of open spaces and brown! Its not all green like back east. You would be going from one extreme to another as far as weather goes. Winters are beautiful but between May-October expect 100 plus degree temps. July, August being our monsoon months gets very muggy but usually it is dry heat, like you are in an oven. If you are not outdoorsy then you should be fine. The only time I'm outside myself is walking to and from my car. A/C is a MUST! If you move to the Phoenix metro area I suggest moving to maybe the east side into cities like Chandler, Mesa, Gilbert. Of course like every city it has its bad neighborhoods.I would like to move to Arizona, good idea?
Summers in Arizona (at least Southern Arizona) are very, very hot! It might take a summer to get used to. Parts of Phoenix are not the nicest, but many of the 'suburbs' are pretty nice, like Chandler and Scottsdale. There aren't as many states schools in Arizona as there are in Pennsylvania, but Arizona State and the UA are reputable universities. Elementary and high schools go from terrible to great, all just depending on the area you live in.I would like to move to Arizona, good idea?
If your Conservative Yes if your a Liberal No.

No comments:

Post a Comment