Sunday, February 5, 2012

If you live in the desert (Phoenix Arizona for example) should you keep your cats indoor almost always?

Not due to super hot weather at 120 degree F but rattlesnakes cactus not much water. not just phoenix but anywhere from Laredo Tx to Palm Springs or Las Vegas area.If you live in the desert (Phoenix Arizona for example) should you keep your cats indoor almost always?
Yes but if you want your cat to still get some fresh air I suggest a catio
yes the heat effects their behavior!If you live in the desert (Phoenix Arizona for example) should you keep your cats indoor almost always?
Cats live longer lives if they live indoors.
absolutely! small dogs too.If you live in the desert (Phoenix Arizona for example) should you keep your cats indoor almost always?
You answered your own question.
No matter where you live you should keep your cat inside.

In arizona you have rattlesnakes and cactus, but also coyotes, other cats and cars. All of which can hurt or kill your cat.
I live in a desert area and for the most part, keep my cats indoors. There's always the danger they could get caught by coyotes and they could pick up spines from cactus plants. I once had to pull out one that was deeply embedded in my cat's foot. I'm not sure how she got the spine in her foot but it was at least a half inch in when I noticed her limping and felt it when I checked out her foot.

No comments:

Post a Comment