Sunday, February 5, 2012

Would I be able to make a good living in California with a 100k salary?

I am an emergancy room nurse practitioner and I am interested in moving to the LA area. Would I be able to afford a nice appartment. I don't want to live in beverly hills or anything. I live in Arizona currently and I love the sunny all year weather but Arizona has me bored.Would I be able to make a good living in California with a 100k salary?
You could definitely live comfortably anywhere in the Los Angeles area. Rent for a one-bedroom apartment could run as much as $2500 in Beverly Hills, but you can find nice places in West Los Angeles or parts of Hollywood for much less ($1000). Go further out on the westside and the price lower even more. Buying a condo apartment could run you as much as $800,000 for a studio in Beverly Hills, to something far more reasonable elsewhere on the Westside (but still crazy to most Americans!).



There's a lot more financial distractions here - tickets to the Hollywood Bowl, the nations best restaurants, interesting vacation spots a drive away - but each of these are at various price points. Like you could get $20 bench seat tickets at the Hollywood bowl, or $300 box seat tickets. You could go to a dive restaurant in Koreatown and eat the best bim bop for $6, or you can eat two-star Michelin food in Santa Monica.Would I be able to make a good living in California with a 100k salary?
I made about the same money in San Antonio Tx and transferred to LA. Wow, I had no idea how much better I lived in Tx than I do now. No comparison. I feel much more poor here. Taxes Taxes Taxes. Car, property,sales, income, and they just keep raising them. States in BIG Trouble. Broke and Broken

Report Abuse

Would I be able to make a good living in California with a 100k salary?
Oh hell yes. You'll do just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment