Thursday, February 2, 2012

I might be moving here really soon, I need to know What Sedona, Arizona Like??? PLEASE HELP!!!!?

Im going to have to make a big decision here pretty soon

I have to decide if im going to move from Lake Tahoe, Nevada to Sedona, Arizona and im having a hard time figuring out if i want to stay up here or go along with my parent to Sedona.



Whats it like over there? Weather? What are the people like?



And how is the WellsFargo over there? Whats it look like and are they nice people?I might be moving here really soon, I need to know What Sedona, Arizona Like??? PLEASE HELP!!!!?
Sedona is absolutely gorgeous. Google images of Sedona and you will see what I mean. Lots of good hiking.



It's a smallish town. There are a lot of artsy, new-age hippy California types there. If you're into vegetarian food, D'Lish is an excellent restaurant. Their sign self describes them as "very vegetarian". There's a group of stores called Tlaquepahque that's really nice. It was built in the 70s, but looks like a very old spanish villiage. Lots of nice little boutique stores. There's also a micro brewery there. Some people also believe that there are multiple natural vortex locations around Sedona. You can even pick up a free vortex map in many stores around town.



There aren't any large cities nearby. Phoenix is about 2 hours away. Anytime you want to fly somewhere, you'll need to drive to the airport in Phoenix.



There's a small college in Sedona. I forgot the name. Yavapai college maybe?



Sedona is more of a tourist destination. Lots of people drive there on the weekend from Phoenix.I might be moving here really soon, I need to know What Sedona, Arizona Like??? PLEASE HELP!!!!?
i grew up in san luis obispo,CA and moved to AZ. BIG learning experience.

first nothing is like CA especially the sierra nevadas. AZ is a giant mix of people from everywhere. there is no small town charm here. BIG box store name brand crap everywhere. nobody knows how to drive. and the state is ready to take every blessed nickle you could hold onto. in fact I am packing up this weekend and going back home.

wish I would stayed away.I might be moving here really soon, I need to know What Sedona, Arizona Like??? PLEASE HELP!!!!?
If you like the outdoors then Sedona is right for you. Its a mixture of the desert and the mountains. The dirt is red too! There is alot of retirees living there. The grand canyon is about 2 hours away from there.
Lake Tahoe is very beautiful, but so is the Sedona area. It is one of my favorite places to vacation. The redrock country in the surrounding area is gorgeous. I would definitely move there if I could. The weather is obviously going to be hotter and drier than Tahoe, but because it is further north and higher elevation than Phoenix, it will not be as hot as it is further south in Arizona. The town of Flagstaff is not too far north of Sedona, and is fun to visit, and the Arizona Snowbowl ski resort is located just northwest of Flagstaff.

If you like outdoor activities, I think you will love Sedona!

No comments:

Post a Comment