Sunday, February 5, 2012

What are some great cities/towns to live in Arizona?

Hi,



I'm a young, single attorney living in Los Angeles and am considering moving to AZ. Can any AZ residents tell me: What are some great palces that I should consider moving too and WHY. Where would a great place to live in AZ in the next 5 years because of property values, job demand, as well as a great place to get married and raise a family. Also, if anyone knows any info about the AZ legal market would be especially helpful!



Also, what is the weather like in AZ, besides being hot? Is the climate different in different parts? I have only driven through there and have never really spent any time in AZ, so I hope I don't mean to sound I'm asking a dumb question!



Any helpful information would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks in advance!What are some great cities/towns to live in Arizona?
Well, I live in Peoria and it is not quite "gorgeous", but I have visited Glendale and it is really becoming a beautiful place. Home values are around 200,000-400,000 for a nice home. I would say Glendale is a nice community in most parts, but there are some where you want to stay away from. If you want to live in a city where it is not only hot, but cool as well than I would have to suggest Anthem, or Flagstaff. I have only visited there so I do not know what it is like, but I have a friend up there and she says she loves it.



I hope my answer has helped some, good luck and I don't know anything about the legal market here, but I will say this being bilingual (in Spanish) is a plus in the pay check.
well if you like the city life phoenix is the place. but there are really nice brand new surrounding cities that are froming on the outskirts of phoenix. these cities you should look into are surprise, anthem andscottsdale. those are the really nice areas of phoenix to live in and all of the houses are some what brand newWhat are some great cities/towns to live in Arizona?
Paradise Valley, AZ. It is the nicest area and is equivalent to Beverly hills or bel-air
I sold Yellow Pages ads for 25 years in Phoenix and had many attorney accounts. Most were PI though a few were divorce and criminal. The market is great for any of those specialties. Plenty of established firms or space for another new one.

I live in Scottsdale; perfect for golfing, families and property values. Nicer newer homes and condos. High-end shopping and remember, everything is air-conditioned so the heat isn't an issue. The airport is close in and has flights direct to London and anywhere else.

Finally, we have lots of beautiful single woman that would love to date an attorney. (my 23 year old daughter, a future psychologist is one). Anyway, come for a long visit and see for yourself. FYI: Most homes come with inground pools or at least spas.

Check out the Dex Yellow Pages under "Attorneys" to see the competiton.

If I can help, email me.What are some great cities/towns to live in Arizona?
Prescott, Sedona, or Cave Creek. The Phoenix metro and surrounding areas are bad for crime, heat and smog.I lived in Mesa (just outside of Phoenix) for 25 years and moved to the northern part of the state 2 yrs ago and am so glad I finally got out of that valley.
Maricopa county (Phoenix-area) has the largest concentration of people in Arizona, therefore, it has the most jobs. For Phoenix area, the West Valley is growing fast, especially Surprise and Buckeye. If you work in elder law, I would recommend living in Glendale, Peoria, or Surprise to be close to the Sun Cities. As a single guy, you may prefer a less suburban setting; Tempe, near ASU, offers a lot of nightlife (clubs, bars, etc.).

In addition to Phoenix, Tucson is a fast growing area (the metro area just surpassed 1 million recently) and offers much entertainment as the U of A is there.

Both Tucson and Phoenix have hot summers up to 115 degrees. After the sun goes down during the summer, it gets quite a bit cooler and spending time outdoors is tolerable. The winters are very mild with the lowest highs in the 50s. Arizona in general is a very dry state; it low rainfall makes forest and brush fires a danger during the summer.

If you prefer a colder climate with snow, you may like Flagstaff (in northern AZ). Sedona, with its red rocks, is gorgeous, but the real estate is very pricey.

Good luck!
Mesa is a great place for young families. The schools are very good (I might be biased, since this is where I grew up and went to school). It is also close to Phoenix, yet has its own identity. Good place for single and familites. Yes, it gets hot in the summer, but after a year, you really do get used to it. And everywhere has air conditioning.



Tucson is another good place. Being that it has a higher elevation, it is about 10 degrees cooler than Phoenix, on average. There is also a top law school at the U of Arizona.
Hi, I moved here to Arizona from Southern California back in 1998. I really do like it here, and there are plenty of nice places to live here too.



There are some nice places going up in a town called Casa Grande. The homes are nice size, and they also have a nice bit of land around them as well. That area is set to grow very nicely within the next five to 10 years.



I live in a place called Chandler. It's close to Phoenix, but not too close, and has the best school district in all of Arizona. Housing prices are good here, and actually now is the time to buy since the market hasn't been this slow in 18 years.



Good luck to you, and I do hope you like it here. Sure it's hot during the summertime, but it really only lasts 4 months, and the rest of the year its awesome here.



Take care
I'm from New York and when I vacationed in Arizona a few years ago we stayed in Sedona. It's about 100 miles north of Phoenix, 20 miles south of Flagstaff. But I would have to say, it's one of the most beautiful places I've ever been to. Beautiful rock formations, blue skies everyday, and it's hot but very dry so the heat doesn't get to you nearly as much.



However, the economy there is mostly tourism, and it's pretty isolated from any large cities except for maybe Flagstaff. So if you're looking for a nice place to have a job and such, maybe Flagstaff since it's close to Sedona (about a 20 minute drive for a day of hiking or sightseeing in the beautiful red mountains) and still has a pretty decent sized metro area for economy. It's growing, too, and was rated the #2 place to live according to the Men's Journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment