Thursday, February 2, 2012

What plants should I use in the Arizona shade?

I am trying to add some greenery to our landscape and am in need of some plant advice. Here's a description of the spot I need to put them:



- mostly shade, some late afternoon sun

- hot %26amp; dry Arizona weather

- medium size, maybe about 10-12" high, coming in a 1-gal container or smaller

- no drip system but I can water every couple of days as needed - prefer natural desert plant rather than a forced water-needy one

- prefer a succulent (cactus or yucca)

- inexpensive

- something I will likely find at Lowe's or Home Depot



Anyone have any ideas? I am looking for specific "named" recommendations so I know what to look for at the garden center.



Many thanks!What plants should I use in the Arizona shade?
try this link, it has some good info.



Landscape Plants for the Arizona DesertWhat plants should I use in the Arizona shade?
hmm sorry this didn't work, but I typed in landscape plants in Arizona desert in yahoo search and it gave me many many listing of plants that will work well in the desert.

Report Abuse

What plants should I use in the Arizona shade?
two very hardy plants that should do well

Hosta and

Chicks and Hens



Good Luck
  • maine weather
  • pontoon boats
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment