Sunday, February 5, 2012

I'm moving from Alaska to Arizona for the summer, what clothes should I bring?

I will be working in retail, so what would be appropriate considering the weather?I'm moving from Alaska to Arizona for the summer, what clothes should I bring?
My family lives in Phoenix and I was just there this last week for a conference. It was hot. So cool comfortable clothing. If you are going to be working in retail, depending on what type of store, then bring clothes that match that store's image (i.e. The GAP, etc.) so you look professional.



You will not need a sweater unless the AC is on as sometimes they can keep the indoors too cool.



Just drink lots of water and use sunscreen if you are going to be outdoors. It doesn't cool off at night but by 10-15 degrees. In other words, in July daytime temps are 110 and up and around 10 pm the temp can be 88-98 degrees.



I hope this helps.
considering the weather, u should bring short sleave items,a few jackets and sweaters. also bring your swimming clothes. sometimes it can get hot in the summer thereI'm moving from Alaska to Arizona for the summer, what clothes should I bring?
Cute skirts and short sleeved tops. Its VERY hot in AZ in the summer. I don't know the area you are moving to, but in Scottsdale AZ, people dress very trendy and dressed up all the time (even during the day). There many great retail shops, outdoor and indoor malls and trendy restaurants.
nothin it is so damn hot there j/k but for real shorts and short sleeve t-shirtsI'm moving from Alaska to Arizona for the summer, what clothes should I bring?
I live in AZ and probly all the clothes you have in alsaka you won't need here. it's about 111 today so figure that around for the nexth 3-4 months or even hotter
If you moving to the southern part of AZ then I suggest mostly shorts and short sleeves and keep cool because its pretty hot there. Even when I visited family in Christmas I wore shorts and short sleeve. It will be a big change for you from Alaska to AZ. good luck and drink a lot of water.
As a Phoenix native, I will warn you that the UV index here is a lot higher than it is in Alaska. That means you are going to be much more prone to sunburns so make sure you have sunscreen! It's extremely hot, make sure you are drinking tons of water! Dark clothes protect you better from the sun, but lighter colored clothes are more comfortable. Welcome! You can bring pants, because mosquitos come out sometimes during the monsoons (small showers with lots of dust) but for the most part, hot and sunny til October. The retailers usually do polo shirts during the summer because of the heat but that depends on who the retailer is and if they have a dress code/uniform
lucky!! ive lived here all my life and never seem to get outta here!!! but idk, just the same clothes....you konw on the hottest days here are probly the coldest there!! lol, oh well thou! have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment